Forum du site sur les Jeux Gratuits : http://jeuxfun.free.fr

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

Annonce

Bienvenue sur le nouveau forum de JeuxFun

#1 15-04-2018 04:09:10

liyao12345
Membre

None of China's four singles players reached

Xisca Perello (inset) Cheap Tim Schaller Jersey , Rafael Nadal’s girlfriend, watches as the Spaniard shows off the Monte Carlo Masters trophy after beating France’s Gael Monfils in the final in Monaco on Sunday. Nadal has now won the Monte Carlo title for a record ninth time. — AFP
RAFAEL Nadal stays at world No. 5 in the latest ATP rankings released yesterday, but cuts the gap to the top four after claiming his ninth Monte Carlo Masters title on Sunday.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga jumps up two places to seventh thanks to his run to the semis in Monaco, while his fellow Frenchman Gael Monfils is also up a couple of spots after reaching the final.

Novak Djokovic remains well clear of Andy Murray at the top despite his surprising early exit in the first major clay-court event of the year.

Fresh from claiming his first title in nearly two years, Nadal can now tie Guillermo Vilas’s record of 49 clay-court titles at the Barcelona Open this week.

Nadal has won the title eight times. “I had a tough season in the last few years, but I’ve had better preparation this year Cheap Torey Krug Jersey , even with a tough start to the season,” said Nadal after lifting his 28th Masters title.

“I hope it helps my season with confidence for the next few tournaments. I’ve been able to play well for two events in a row — Indian Wells and here (Monaco) — winning against very tough opponents so that is very good for my confidence.”

Enigmatic Italian Fognini has been a thorn in Nadal’s side in the past two years as he has twice defeated the Spaniard on clay and came from two sets down to beat the 14-time grand slam champion at the US Open last September. The two could meet again in the quarterfinals as Nadal has been handed a tricky draw with compatriot David Ferrer also potentially awaiting in the semis.

On Sunday, the king of clay went for two and three-quarter hours before beating Frenchman Gael Monfils 7-5, 5-7, 6-0 in a morale-boosting victory of massive proportions.

“Winning nine times here is something unbelievable for me. Outside of that, that is something so special. Compete well two weeks in a row is something so positive Cheap David Krejci Jersey ,” Nadal said.

After last lifting a title in the Principality in 2012 and then losing a 2013 final to Novak Djokovic, Nadal was overjoyed with his latest success, his 68th title as he played in his 100th career final.

“I’ve been a couple of time without winning big, big tournaments, I’m enjoying this moment. I’ve worked hard to have this trophy with me. I am enjoying this moment.”

GENEVA, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- The upcoming annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) was expected to bring in a record number of participants Cheap Danton Heinen Jersey , said WEF in a statement on Tuesday.

According to WEF, its annual gathering, scheduled to be held from January 21 to 24 at Davos in northeastern Switzerland, would draw over 2,500 participants from more than 140 countries and regions representing business, government Cheap Zdeno Chara Jersey , international organizations, academia, civil society and the media.

WEF did not disclose the list of participants in Tuesday's statement but noted that the announcement would be made next week at its pre-event press briefing.

With a theme of "The New Global Context", this year's meeting in the renowned ski resort will explore the most pressing global challenges in 2015, as a new year starts with scenarios including a dimming situation in eurozone, the plunging of oil price and the rouble crisis.

"The Annual Meeting Cheap Brandon Carlo Jersey , by bringing together the Forum's diverse multi-stakeholder community, aims to provide the means to identify answers to these challenges as well as the coalitions of partners necessary to create positive, transformative change," said Klaus Schwab, Founder of WEF, in the statement.

Despite the just-claimed French Open doubles title Cheap Riley Nash Jersey , the future of Chinese tennis remains in jeopardy due to the lack of up-and-coming talent, pundits said.

Chinese mainland player Peng Shuai and her partner, Hsieh Su-wei of Taipei, made up for the loss of compatriot star Li Na's first-round elimination from the singles tournament, winning the women's doubles title at Roland Garros in Paris on Sunday. The victory cemented their status as the world's No 1 doubles pair.

It was the pair's second Grand Slam doubles victory; their first was at Wimbledon in 2013. It also was the seventh major championship, including singles and mixed doubles Cheap Anders Bjork Jersey , for Chinese players since 2004.

Still, the doubles victory only serves as window dressing, because Chinese tennis faces a potential crisis without enough elite new talent emerging to replace the veterans, said tennis fans and insiders alike.

A lot of respondents on Sina Weibo's public discussion of the doubles victory were restrained in their comments on the impact of the doubles championship on Sunday evening, saying a singles triumph would mean much more.

"Congrats to Peng and Hsieh! But the doubles win won't whitewash the disappointing singles campaign this year, and this should be worried about Cheap Bobby Orr Jersey ," said a micro blog user who goes by the name Adam_da.

None of China's four singles players reached the second round in Paris this year, the worst show in seven years.

China's Zheng Jie, the world's No 70 player, also expressed her concern on the game's future.

"Young players might still be able to qualify for the Grand Slam events, but it's hard to see them surviving in the second week (in deep rounds). There must be some promising youngsters catching up; (the future of Chinese tennis) couldn't count on our generation," said the 30-year-old Zheng Jake DeBrusk Jersey , who also was eliminated in the opening round at Roland Garros.

Boasting breakthrough results during the Women's Tennis Association Tour and Grand Slam events, the trio of Li, Zheng and Peng were dubbed the "Golden Flowers" by fans after the 2008 Beijing Olympics, when the Chinese Tennis Association allowed them to manage their o.

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com